Friday, January 4, 2013

Customer service is gone

So I am looking for a furler for the boat, HMP is a supplier located Mississauga. I called yesterday and chatted with a sales rep about the furler, they recommend a harken IV unit 0. I talked for 20 mins on the phone and mention its almost 4 hour drive for me to get there.
I show up and arrive the girl doesn't lift her head from her desk but says hello. I say i'm here to look at some roller furler and then ask to use the restroom, her reply was there's a Tim Horton's down the road.
Excuse me I ask and then a fellow appears I mention i'm Bill from yesterday about the furler, he then says, your here.  I then mention to where the rest room is. He looks at the girl and mentions Tim's and I must have had a totally stunned look on my face, I say again we chatted yesterday about picking up that furler for 2000.00 dollars are you serious ?
He states yes, I then said if I have to leave to use the restroom down the road so goes the sale for the furler.
His reply "Suit yourself"
Needless to say I left and so did two grand cash in my pocket.
It must be so nice to be able to literally tell two thousand dollars to leave in what most claim to be a down market.
Running rigging, standing rigging were also on the list to be ordered as well and they just asked to walk away.
I can honestly say if this is how they provide service can you imagine how they treat you if you have problem or need to get something repaired.

I will be buying everything from a different chandler and have quotes and timeline already worked out and I am now heading home.

Thanks HMP for the lesson in your ability to provide no service or help and waste an entire day of my time

8 hours wasted in driving 140.00 in gas for absolutely sweet f'n all.

No comments:

Post a Comment