Saturday, November 17, 2012

Fall is gone

Wow, what a year it went by so fast this summer, I was busy with work and it seemed that my Sundays were working and not overnighting as much as I had hoped for this summer.
Sailing on a light misty morning
I did do my day sails and one nighter's  but weekending at different places and touring around for a week straight just didn't happen for us.
Next year I hope will be different but as the saying goes you make hay when the time is right.

So the boat is on the hard for the winter, cleaned up, gear removed, tarps on her and waiting for some warmer weather.
I am going to build the cabinets this winter to place along the quarterberth for some added storage.
I am very interested in looking at what is involved in building a hard top dodger for some solar panels.
The roller furler will also be researched this winter and priced out with a new sails.

This year has been very hectic and just got in the way of my sailing season, elements outside my control just went bezerk and somehow managed to swallow alot of my time energy and resources, not to mention that work although fun was rather demanding this season as a couple clients just seemed to want to meet up on Sunday noon as the perfect time, so 8 of the 10 weekends were eaten up with meetings and that prevented me from doing any long distance sailing this year.
2013 will be my year for entering the LO300 as I am already making arrangements to have the boat there and also the time to actually do the course twice, as I have to sail the entire length to  start and once finished will sail back home. so this could mean 7 days almost non-stop sailing.
Looking forward to the next season. I will be posting my research findings and how we go about figuring out what and where to buy the new toys for KnottyGurl.


No comments:

Post a Comment