Thursday, June 28, 2012

Were home

Were home now and the real work begins, a full inventory of equipment, spares, food, booze, reading material, DVDs.
Lets start to install the chart plotter on the cabintop and run some wires off the panel.
Hmm this is going to need some upgrading as well, add wire to shopping list, fuse block, terminate block and  2 new batteries as well.
So material in hand I begin re wiring the boat, tracing wires, pulling, fishing wires and a few nights of moonlighting Plotter installed, VHF installed and talking to plotter for DSC configuration.
New lights are on the list as well and a oil lamp to be installed for next week.
When I bought the boat
The following week the lamp is installed, lights moved as the wires were loose and once I removed them I was able to repair and restore them for daily use. Next is some counter work and move a few shelves and add some shelves for better stowage.
Also on the list is a repaint of the topsides as no matter how much I buff with restore and cleaner she just wont shine, the paint is too far gone, that's on the haul out list for a winter/spring project.

New head lines, and the smell is now finally gone, A bigger water tank is installed under the soul of the cockpit and I now have 30 gallons as opposed to the 12 that was there, this is good for longer stays at anchor.
After the rewire I notice that the house system seems brighter and lasts longer then before, guess it was not being charged from the outboard as the PO suggested and I now have it charging both banks as it was supposed to be doing all along, instead I was flattening my starter battery to charge the house I guess.
This is another good thing and I will install a dual charger for the separate banks.


No comments:

Post a Comment